Frequently Asked Questions
Choose a FAQ link below to jump to that information...
1. Q. Who must recertify?
A. Every Connecticut referee registered with the United States Soccer Federation (USSF) must Recertify every year, regardless of Referee Grade. The Recertification Process will be completed 100% online.
2. Q. How do I Recertify?
A. Typically in August of each year the CSRP will start the On-Line Recertification Process. You must login to your eReferee account to participate in the On-Line Recertification Process. Click on the link eReferee to go to the eReferee Online System.
3. Q. What if I have not registered for (4) years or more?
A. Please check with the CSRP Office to see what requirements you must fulfill to Recertify
4. Q. Where can I find all instructions to Recertify?A. A link to the instructions for Recertifying are typically displayed on the CTReferee home page and the Clinics page.
1. Q. Why do I need to be USSF certified?
A. Compliant to the USSF Directive, all Assignors who assign travel games must become registered. Keep in mind that with your registration you have a registered. Keep in mind that with your registration you have a $1 million dollar umbrella liability policy paid for by the Federation.
2. Q. Who must become certified?
A. Affiliated games require affiliated Assignors. If the game is a competitive, travel match then the Assignor must be registered.
3. Q. How do I become a certified Assignor?
A. Sign up for an Assignor Clinic - upon completion of all the clinic requirements you will be registered as an Assignor. You will need to re-certify every year for the upcoming year.
4. Q. Where do I find the list of Assignor Clinics?
A. For a list of clinics go to the CSRP Event Calandar or click here - check back periodically as Assignor Clinics are scheduled only a couple of times during the year.
5. Q. How do I re-certify once I become a certified Assignor?
A. Assignor Re-certification will be done on-line and can be completed along with your Referee registration click here to go to the eReferee Registration System. If you did not register as an Assignor when you completed your "Referee Registration" or for "Assignor Only" registration proceed through the following steps once you have sucessfully logged in:
6. How am I sure that I am re-certified?
A. A list of certified assignors can be found here and you will receive a current year registration card from USSF.
7. Q. How can I find an upcoming USSF Assignor Clinics?
A. You can find both in-state or out-of-state assignor clinics here.
8. Q. How can I network with other assignors?
A. The master list of assignors can be found here.
9. Q. How can I recommend someone for higher levels of competition (Premier Games, CT Cup, State Cup, Adult games)?
A. You can submit your recommendations to SRA for all higher level matches.
10. Q. How do I get a Referee assessed?
A. Contact the State Director of Assessment to coordinate an assessment for a referee.
11. Q. Is there a reference guide for Assignors?
A. You can refer to the Referee Administrative Handbook.
12. Q. What if I still have a question?
A. Any question can be forwarded to State Assignor Coordinator
Referee Assessment for information about the assessment process.
Any administration questions can be forwarded to the State Referee Administrator
Any Youth Referee questions can be forwarded to the State Youth Referee Administrator